Bargin Books, Games, Music, Movies & More

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Rhiannon Irons' Spaghetti Sauce Recipe

Greetings everyone!

This post is a little different then most of the things you'll find on here.  But after catching up with a girlfriend and realising that I'm heading into the next stage of my life where I want to settle down and have a family, I discovered that most of our conversation, when not about relationships, was actually about food and meal plans.

So today, I want to share with you one of my all time favourite and easy recipes: My version of spaghetti bolognese. 


What You Need

Rosella Fruit Chutney
1 Onion finely chopped
2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
1/2 cup of Water
Olive Oil (doesn't matter if it's extra virgin or not)
Beef Mince 500g
Tomato Paste
Spaghetti

What To Do

1 - Fill a saucepan with warm water and put on stove on high.  This is for the pasta.

2 - Turn on other hot plate and place saucepan with Olive Oil.  Once that's heated, add the Onion and Minced Garlic.  I use 2 teaspoons of garlic, but feel free to add more should you enjoy the taste and aroma.

3 - Once the onion is browned, it's time to add the mince.  I like to break mine up as I add it so that I don't get massive lumps of meat.

4 - Once the mince is browned it's time to add 1/2 a jar of Fruit Chutney, 1/2 a cup of water and two tablespoons of Tomato Paste.  If you're like me and you use the squeeze pack of Tomato Paste, then two large sqeezes will be enough.  Turn down the stove to a low simmer setting.  Mix all together.


5 - The water should be boiling now so add the pasta.

6 - Constantly stir the sauce to avoid sticking to the pan.  Once the pasta is cooked (It usually takes about 10 minutes) drain it then serve it.  Take the sauce of the heat and spoon onto the pasta.

7 - Add some Parmesan cheese and you're ready to eat.

Enjoy!

Rhiannon Elizabeth Irons

No comments:

Post a Comment