Bargin Books, Games, Music, Movies & More

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Environmental Issues

In recent years we've experienced a dramatic increase in global warming and polution. It seems to be a losing battle. No matter how much we recycle and use environmentally friendly products there are sometimes when we just want to toss our hands in the air and say "Why bother?"

Doesn't help that certain genreations think of environment issues as something they won't have to deal with. "What's the point? We won't be here in 100 years. It's someone elses problem." WRONG! It's all our problems.

As an environmentally concious person, I try to set an example in myself. I recycle, save engery and water and I'm probably the only 23 year old that doesn't drive. That's right. I don't drive. I don't own a car and I don't have my lisence, much to the teasing of my friends.

The reason behind my environmental awareness rant is simple; younger generations need a boot up the butt. There's only so much celebrities like Leonarado DiCaprio can do. Hybrid cars, dropping bundles of cash and speaking about an energy efficent house that cost a pretty penny won't change minds of young people. Maybe a planet saving movie, prehaps?

Does anyone remember the cartoon series Captian Planet And The Planeteers? If so, you can avoid reading the next parahgraph. If you think I've finally cracked, please read below:

The Earth is in trouble. Gaia, the spirit of the Earth can't stand to see the distruction plaguing our planet. She sent five special rings to five special young people. Kwame from Africa with the power of Earth. From North America, Wheeler, with the power of fire. From Russia, Linka, with the power of wind. From Asia, Gi, with the power of water. And from South America, Ma-Ti, with the power of heart. When these five powers combine they summon Earth's greatest champion, Captain Planet. I recommend looking at this site for all the extra information :
www.turner.com/planet/static/index.html
I'm putting my talents for writing to the ultimate task of creating a Captain Planet movie script. Maybe this could change people's minds as well as producing a fun and entertain 2 hour break in the daly grind of everyday life. If there are any writers out there that are will to assist me with their talents, please drop me a line and we'll find a way to collaborate our ideas and talents.

Remember, the power is yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment