Bargin Books, Games, Music, Movies & More

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Support An Indie Film Today

Hi everyone,

I am a huge supporter of indie movies.  I love, not only the realism that comes with them, but also the rawness.  No big blockbuster movie can match the intensity that is an indie movie.

Today, I ask you, the readers of The Final Curtain, to get on board and support an indie film.  Not just any indie film, but a horror indie film.

My good friend, AD Lane, is creating his own feature film entitled Invasion Of The Not Quite Dead.  If you can't tell from the title, it's a zombie feature.  But forget all the CGI bullshit that comes with modern films, because AD and his loyal band of the undead are returning to the old school methods like latex and cornflakes....OK, that was a cheap reference to Urban Legends: Final Cut, but you get my point.  But the best part about AD's film (aside from the zombies) is that it's all 100% fan-funded!!!

AD is renown for hosting no sleep fundraising marathons on Twitter.  The longest he's gone without sleep was 107 hours.  No joke.  Freddy Krueger victims would be so proud.  He's in the middle of a 56 hour long no sleep fundraising marathon right now and I hope that you all can dig deep and help make his dream a reality, while scoring yourself some pretty awesome prizes.

Don't believe me?  AD has created a long list of perks that include credits, walk on roles, and even signed DVD's, scripts and anything else he can get his signature on. 

If you want to learn more (and donate) please head on over to http://www.indywood.co.uk/, have a read of AD's treatment, see what's on offer then hit the donate button.  Also, for those of you on Twitter, follow AD (@indywoodFILMS) to learn more about the birth of his dream and how soon it will become reality.

Thank you for taking time to read this.  I hope that I've convinced you to have a look at AD's website, have a read of what his monster plan is and donate.  Even if it's a small donation, you still get some pretty wicked prizes.

So, what are you waiting for?  Jump on the indie film wagon today!

Lots of love

Rhiannon Elizabeth Irons

1 comment:

  1. Seems like an awesome concept. I hope AD reaches his goal. If I had spare cash I'd donate, but I can't afford to at the moment :-(

    ReplyDelete