Bargin Books, Games, Music, Movies & More

Monday, May 14, 2012

I'm Sorry

I've given up on getting excited about things.
What's the point?
Clearly I'm no good.
I'm worthless.
Or so you keep telling me.
What I want in life I can't have.
You tell me to quit dreaming.
But dreams are all I have to escape the hell
That is reality.
You say I can do better.
You say if only I had the desire to succeed
Then I could go far.
My desire leads me in a different direction.
A direction which you don't approve of.
I don't care what you say anymore.
I've given up on trying to please you.
Some days I think you'll only ever be happy
If I'm no longer around.
I'm sorry I'm not what you envisioned.
I'm sorry that I'm not perfect.
I'm sorry that all you ever care about
Is something which I'm not.
I can only be me.
I'm sick of pretending to be
Someone who you want me to be.
I'm sorry for everything.
I'm sorry that I can't please you.
Actually, you know what
No, I'm not.
I'm not sorry that I can't please you
Because I don't need your approval.
I tried to do things your way
And they didn't work out.
Now it's time to do things my way.
I'm a dreamer
And I'm proud of that.
My dreams are my realities
And it won't be long until they are yours too.
I'm sorry that you can't see that.
I'm sorry that you don't realise how important this is to me.

I'm sorry that this is the end of us.
Because if I have to chose between you or him
Then I chose him.

No comments:

Post a Comment