Bargin Books, Games, Music, Movies & More

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Twisted Tale Of Little Red Riding Hood

It looms before me
Watching my every move
Hunting me
Stalking me wherever I turn

I can feel its breath
On the back of my neck
Its drool
Burns the tenderness of my skin

Its jaws are open wide
Showing off its teeth
Its foul breath
Fills my nostrils with a sense of dread

I can see its body
Covered in thick fur
Larger than life
Bigger than first imagined

I call for help
My voice is weak
No louder than a mouse
It's barely a squeak

I clear my throat
And try again
Yelling louder this time
Praying someone hears

Someone does
They pound on the door
Calling out
Begging me to answer

I turned my head
As the monster leans in
It sniffs me
And I cower and cringe

I let out a scream
As it licks my cheek
Tasting the salty texture
Of my tender skin

That's when I turn to look
Facing my fears
I open my mouth
But nothing comes out

Its paw holds my throat
Its claws sharp
It begins to snarl
Its lip curls up

"My, what big eyes you have"
It says with a smirk
"Don't worry, my dear,
There's nothing to fear
But for what it's worth
Grandma says that woodsman's a jerk."

It smiles
Its teeth gleam in the light
I let out a scream
As I feel its fangs bite

Now I wander the woods
Somewhere between death and life
Warning all those
Of a creature that stalks the night

My cape is torn
My dress is ripped
I am doomed
To wander forever

And every now and then
I can do nothing but gulp
As I hear its laughter
The laughter of the Big Bad Wolf

11 comments:

  1. How is it that you can turn a story like Red Riding Hood into something beyond creepy that will give me nightmare ha-ha? You're brilliant Rei, don't let no one tell you any different :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By God that was interesting. Fantastic word play and I loved how vivid it was in my mind :) Keep it up and I look forward to more writings in the furture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting twist on Little Red Riding Hood. I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As ever this is fantastic, loving the twist on the Red Riding Hood tale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy hell this was amazing! I love your work. please don't ever give up writing. I'd miss it and you too much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At first, despite the title, I had no idea that it was a red riding hood story. Love the twist. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creepy new take on a classic. Love it Rei!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly outstanding. Taking a classic story and twisting it into a nightmare is the Rhiannon way. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rhiannon Irons delivers again with a awesome take on the old classic fable, Little Red Riding Hood. Great read and really chilling especially by the end.

    ReplyDelete